How is a DIET like Local Store Marketing?
- You have to Schedule a time
- You must create a plan
- You shouldn't expect change overnight
- There is no magic diet pill or potion
- You have to change your habits
- Persistence over time will offer the best results.
- Change your lifestyle: The LSM Diet it not a quick fix and not a crash diet. You need to change your actions and mindset to get results—this means you have to dedicate yourself to getting outside the four walls. When you change your habits, you are putting yourself on track for long-term success.
- Take before and after photos: How many photos do you have of your restaurant brand participating in LSM activities? Use photos to track your successes! Take photos at events; take photos with the DJs at the local radio stations when you pass out food or any other local store marketing activities you are involved in. Share these photos on Facebook, Twitter and with your staff to boost momentum. Tracking your successes through photos makes you realize what you have accomplished.
- Identify your exercise: Find a rhythm and work with it! Finding out what works best in your daily routine makes LSM easier. For any of these tactics to work, you need to find what works for you and your business.
- Set realistic goals and make a commitment: Yes, LSM can help you win business and yes it can help you increase sales but this will not happen overnight. Your business, much like your body, requires pacing yourself. Make small goals on the way to bigger goals and track successes along the way. In the end, you will have achieved more with a little patience. Make a commitment for daily, weekly and monthly goals and schedule the time to reach them.
- Don't compare yourself to others: All restaurants are not created equal. Each restaurant faces unique challenges on the road to LSM success. Keep your goals in sight and do whatever you can to do to meet those goals.
- Maintain your priorities: Local store marketing is not something you can give up on. Like on a regular diet eating that extra mayonnaise on your sandwich isn’t really worth it—giving up for a day on your LSM activities also sets you back. To achieve your goals you must persevere—don’t lose sight of what is important to you.
- Bring balance to the force: While you need a routine to complete your LSM goals, don’t overdo the same activities day in and day out. Rotate between making phone calls and engaging in business-to-business opportunities outside the four walls.
Local Store Marketing University and LSM Diet are registered trademarks of Duke Marketing LLC. Copyright 2017©
Duke Marketing, LLC. San Rafael, CA 94903 U.S.A.
Email: email@example.com 415-608-3709 www.dukemarketing.com